some thumbnails of my illustrations

some thumbnails of my illustrations
Please click on the links below to view my portfolio ........ Images copyright of Carrie Osborne

Thursday 30 December 2010

Belated Seasonal Greetings and painting with salt...


Hello folks and a belated Seasons Greetings to you all!
I hope you've all had a happy, restful and creative time with your families...
My lack of posts of late is mainly due to the fact we've been working so hard and running on empty for so long, that once we were able to stop and close shop for the Christmas break, the exhaustion just came crashing down, crushing any hope of finding any motivation whatsoever! There was just nothing left...
But hopefully now I can start to climb back up, shake off the dragging depression and re-ignite my creativity, though it may take a bit of coaxing!
So today I started by reclaiming my work space, and Ta Da! - here is my little cubby hole, three large bags of children's paintings and drawings later, several random scatterings of toys removed and a great deal of tidying!



I wanted to do some experimenting with salt over wet on wet washes of watercolour and had tremendous fun! I love the way it changes moment by moment, though sometimes I wish I could stop it at just that right point, but the paint inexorably keeps moving... I became quite fascinated by it...

I'm not sure any of these experiments will be quite right for the images in pen and ink over the top I had in mind, but I do think I will do a lot more of them and something interesting may very well come... This was the best of this batch I think...


I haven't had permission yet to show you the Unicorn commission, but it did turn out very well so hopefully I'll get to show it. The other portrait commission however had a bit of an 'uncertain' reaction so I was too intimidated to ask permission to show that one... but I may show some close up 'details' later on...
Hopefully much more art to come, time and head space allowing! I feel I've been away from my brushes far too long!
Take care all...

3 comments:

  1. HI Carrie - lovely work space, inspiring, and a great skull collection! I like your salt experiments a lot.... Hope you find lots of time for painting in the new year. Abundant blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie never heard of salt involved in painting before but the results of your work is fab , they give me a sense of a fantasy christmas winter scene , I could see mischievous elves lobbing snowballs at pixies in the snowy landscape! Happy new year to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, glad you liked the salt paintings... I had in mind vast stormy skyscapes. I'm gonna try some big ones next and see what happens...
    Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments, please type away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails